List of some good Places to visit in and around mysore
- Mysore Palace – Official residence of royal family of Mysore. It was built in 1897 and later altered in 1940. It is one of top tourist spots in India.
- Chamundi Hills – Located near to Mysore, this hill was named after Goddess ‘Chamundeswari’ . Main attraction here is the Chamundeswari temple. View from Chamundi Hills is spectacular.
- St. Philomina’s Church – This Neo Gothic Style Church was Constructed in the year 1936. Inspiration for this church got from Cologne Cathedral.
- Mysore Zoo – It is spread over 246 acre of land near Mysore palace. Established in 1892 ,this zoo has more elephants than many other Zoos in India.
- Brindavan Gardens – Located near Krishnaragasagar Dam, this garden is one of the most popular gardens in India. Fountains are the main attractions of this Garden.
- Lakes in Mysore – Mysore has few lakes which are good for Picnics. Some of them are Karanji Lake , Kukkaranahalli Lake and Linkabudi Lake.